Why not start a (local) adventure this weekend, by visiting your local dog park? Sounds like a great idea!!
DOG PARK ETIQUETTE:
- Keep your pet on leash if there isn’t a sign stating that dogs may run off-leash.
- Always carry a leash even in a leash-free area. You never know when you may need it.
- Don’t let your dog harass other pets, people, or wildlife.
- Make sure your dog has reliable recall if you allow him to run off-leash.
- Always keep your dog in sight and within voice range.
- Make sure your dog is up-to-date on his vaccinations.
- Don’t bring female dogs in heat to the dog park.
- Don’t bring young puppies. Their immune systems are not yet fully developed.
- Never bring more dogs than you can handle if a situation were to arise.
- Don’t bring toys – they may cause guarding or territorial issues.
- If your dog starts behaving aggressively, leash him immediately and leave.
- Leash-free areas are not suitable for aggressive dogs.
- No digging! Fill in any holes your dog has created.
- Respect the rules of the dog park.
- Clean up after your dog… every time!
|Bramble Park||2775 Panorama Drive|
|Miller Park||870 Oakview Street|
|Mundy Park||501 Mariner Way|
|One across the street from the Qualicum Beach Airport entrance where Rupert Rd. E and Bennett Rd. meet|
|The other one is a trail system behind the Qualicum Beach Civic Centre with access from the parking lot on the back corner|
If you discover an awesome off leash dog area in your town, please let me know about it!