If you’ve discovered an off-leash park somewhere, let me know! I’d love to feature more!
DOG PARK ETIQUETTE:
- Keep your pet on leash if there isn’t a sign stating that dogs may run off-leash.
- Always carry a leash even in a leash-free area. You never know when you may need it.
- Don’t let your dog harass other pets, people, or wildlife.
- Make sure your dog has reliable recall if you allow him to run off-leash.
- Always keep your dog in sight and within voice range.
- Make sure your dog is up-to-date on his vaccinations.
- Don’t bring female dogs in heat to the dog park.
- Don’t bring young puppies. Their immune systems are not yet fully developed.
- Never bring more dogs than you can handle if a situation were to arise.
- Don’t bring toys – they may cause guarding or territorial issues.
- If your dog starts behaving aggressively, leash him immediately and leave.
- Leash-free areas are not suitable for aggressive dogs.
- No digging! Fill in any holes your dog has created.
- Respect the rules of the dog park.
- Clean up after your dog… every time!
|Beban Park (Labieux Road entrance)||2300 Bowen Road|
|Cable Bay Trail||end of Nicola Road|
|Westwood Lake||end of Westwood Road|
|Colliery Dam park||Nannaimo Lakes road|
|Beaufort Park||end of Chelsea Crescent|
|Diver Lake Park||Black Franks Drive|
|St George Ravine Park||St. George St|
|Inveremere Beach||Invermere Rd|
Haynes Point Provincial Park