This beautiful province has a ton of off leash Parks! Every week I’ll feature a different citys parks, as well as their address and any specific rules for that park!
DOG PARK ETIQUETTE:
- Keep your pet on leash if there isn’t a sign stating that dogs may run off-leash.
- Always carry a leash even in a leash-free area. You never know when you may need it.
- Don’t let your dog harass other pets, people, or wildlife.
- Make sure your dog has reliable recall if you allow him to run off-leash.
- Always keep your dog in sight and within voice range.
- Make sure your dog is up-to-date on his vaccinations.
- Don’t bring female dogs in heat to the dog park.
- Don’t bring young puppies. Their immune systems are not yet fully developed.
- Never bring more dogs than you can handle if a situation were to arise.
- Don’t bring toys – they may cause guarding or territorial issues.
- If your dog starts behaving aggressively, leash him immediately and leave.
- Leash-free areas are not suitable for aggressive dogs.
- No digging! Fill in any holes your dog has created.
- Respect the rules of the dog park.
- Clean up after your dog… every time!
This week we will start close to (our) home, in Abbotsford. Currently the 4 places that allows Dogs Off Leash are:
Gladwin Park @3585 Gladwin RD
McKay Creek Trail @ 3435 Eldridge RD
Stoney Creek/Bateman park @34586 Bateman Rd
Sumas Canal Dyke Trail @39462 No. 3 rd
And this here is a map(click me), brought to you by Abbotsford Park and Rec.