With their natural stalk-and-hunt nature, it’s easy to feel guilty about keeping your cat safe indoors. However, statistics indicate that the life span of an indoor cat is much longer then those of an outdoor cat, 12-20 years indoors, whereas an outdoor has life expectancy of less then 7 years. Most dangers are directly related to the health and safety of the cat, for example:
- Traffic – busy roads, highway and suburban streets, one accident can be fatal.
- Poisons – pesticides, home garden products, car and motor products, discarded trash, spoiled foods and poisonous plants.
- Infectious disease- Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) and Feline Leukemia (FeLV) are transmitted from one infected cat to another.
- Parasites – fleas, ticks, ringworm are all common, and can be passed to humans
- There are many more dangers, including getting lost/stolen, bringing in “presents” in the form of dead animals (who could have rabies or other diseases), and becoming prey to other animals.
In order to satisfy your cats craving for the outdoors, and your need to keep your kitty safe, we have pet enclosures! We have outdoor habitats, where your pet can walk freely in, out and around in. Allowing them to experience the outdoors in a 100% safe environment. Not just for cats, either. If you have an un-fenced area, or feel uncomfortable allowing your dog to be unattended in the yard, there is Doggie Digs, habitats designed for small dogs. Dog Runs and Kennel Fencing are also available.
For the Cat Habitats, there are 13 different easy-to-install enclosure kits, or we can custom design one just for you. Also available are perches, floor liners, pet doors, awnings, hammocks and tunnels.
There are plenty of ways to keep your indoor cat safe, and let him experience the fresh air!