Thermo 2E Patio Panel
The Thermo Panel 2e Microchip Patio Panel Pet Door Sureflap has designed what we feel is the best electronic pet door on the market the Sureflap Microchip ‘Pet Door’ as a follow on product to their original ‘Cat Flap’. This improved design is larger to accommodate the largest cats and smaller dogs and, as well, employs the newest microchip sensing technology so the pet needn’t wear a collar at all to use the pet door. Finally, it employs the strongest anti-intruder technology we’ve seen.
The Thermo Panel IIIe employs dual-pane, low ‘e’ glass together with beefy framing, automatic height adjustment and full weather-stripping which offers the best performance available in a manual patio pet door.
When these two best-in-class products are combined the result is an electronic patio pet door superior to anything previously available.
Here’s a Bullet-Point List of the Sureflap Pet Door Features
- Your pet can come and go at will. But strays, skunks and even raccoons are not coming in! Sureflap has developed a very good locking system which prevents the flap from being pushed in by using two locking points on the inside of the flap. In the optional ‘Raccoon Mode’, an additional set of two locking points engage on the outside of the flap. This locking system has proven completely effective in extensive tests using actual raccoons temped by treats. (see video).
- Sureflap has included the usual 4-way lock but, a first, has made it electronic. It’s easily set with the press of a button for ‘in only’ or ‘out only as well as ‘locked’ or ‘unlocked’. The big plus is, because this lock is implemented via the electronics, it can have a timer control so you can program the settings to activate at a given time. For example, if you want the cats in at night, you can set the ‘in only’ setting to begin in late afternoon and end early morning every day without having to reset each time as with the manual 4-way locks.
- Because the Sureflap reads embedded microchips, your pet doesn’t have to wear–and possibly lose-a collar key. The collar key is always there after the vet implants it. Your pet isn’t ‘chipped’ yet? No problem. The Sureflap comes with an RFID collar key that your pet can use until he’s chipped.
- At 7″ x 7″, the flap opening is big enough for the very biggest of cats and an awful lot of small and larger dogs. As always, measure, especially for a dog.
- All 15 – digit (FDXB)
- All 10 – digit (FDXA) except those with codes starting 000…, 010…, or 020…
- All 9 – digit (Avid Secure/Encrypted Chip)
Now, for use in a Sliding Glass Door, the Thermo Panel Offers These Features
- Easy, spring-load installation with no tools for the most common height ranges. If you’ve got an 8 foot high sliding glass door, the c-clamp lock would be too high to reach so we include a threshold mount steel dead-bolt lock that requires drilling 3 holes.
- Three standard height ranges cover nearly all sliding glass door frame heights. Custom heights are available for everthing else including sliding windows.
- Dual-pane, low ‘e’ glass gives thermal performance as good as your sliding glass door.
- Built-in ‘anti-whoops’ accommodates measuring errors up to one inch. This has solved more problems than you can shake a stick at.
- Patented ‘User Adjustable Step-Over’ means that you can set the height of the flap above the floor at 3″ or 4 3/4″ with a phillips head screwdriver. This flexibility greatly expands the accessibility particularly for dogs. Dogs up to 14″ at the withers and 7″ wide can use the Thermo Panel Microchip Patio Pet Door. This feature is exclusive to patio pet doors manufactured by Patio Pacific Inc.
- Complete weather stripping, including a draft-stopper, is included.
Frosted Glass Option
If you prefer, your patio pet door panel may be special ordered with frosted (bathroom) glass. This option enables you to partially open your drapes for access to the pet door without losing privacy. Please allow an additional 3 to 4 weeks to ship because the glass has to be custom ordered.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Step Over||Overall Width|
|Pet Door||7″ w x 7″ h||4″||12″|
- P: 74 3/4″ – 77 3/4″ from $635.00 “Add to Cart”
- Q: 77 1/4″ – 80 1/4″ from $635.00 “Add to Cart”
- R: 93″ – 96 from $705.00 “Add to Cart” ( Custom 3-4 weeks for delivery )
Note that the ‘Bronze’ aluminum framing and the Sureflap brown frames differ in color and are custom order.
|Your Maximum Pet Size||Cats, Large Cats, Small Dogs, Medium Dogs|
|Controls Access||From Outside Only|
|# Collar Keys Included||1|
|Flap Opens||Pet Must Push|
|Track Width Minimum||1″|
|House Locking Method||C-Clamp Lock|
|Tools Required For Installation||None for P & Q Height Ranges. R range (8′) Requires a drill for the dead-bolt lock provided.|
|Flap Design||Single, One Part , Rigid, Thin Flap|
|Locks in Two Directions (better for raccoons)||Yes|
|Additional Lock||4-Way Lock|
|Door Open Type||Unlocks for the key signal and pet pushes open|
|Activated By||Implanted Chip, RFID|
|Dual or Single Pane||Dual Pane|
|Warranty Period||3 years|
Pet Access Solutions
Mobile friendly contact us phone number